Well-known for its beautiful scenery, fresh air, friendly people and terraced fields, Sapa has become the favorite destination for many backpackers across the country. If it is inconvenient for you to go to Sapa by motorbikes because of distance, motorbike rental is a right thing to do. However, there are quite a lot of people having difficulty looking for places to rent a motorbike. Some experience of renting a motorbike in Sapa below may be useful to you.
Tips for renting a motorbike in Sapa
If you want to rent motorbikes during the peak period like the weekend or holidays, you should contact a few days before your departure to avoid running out of motorbikes or paying highly. It is advised that renting motorbikes after coming to Sapa is a bad option because there isn’t probably motorbikes available for rental.
When you reach an agreement on rental and price, one thing you need to do is asking how far you are allowed to go and whether you can go overnight or not because of different prices. Generally, motorbike rental in a day starts from 8 a.m. to 17 p.m. and renters have to pay fee for petrol and other incurring fees by themselves.
The price of renting a motorbike in Sapa is from VND 80,000 to VND 240,000 per day (depending on the type of motorbike and when it is rented). Therefore, give a reasonable price based on the above price.
How to rent a motorbike in Sapa economically?
Remember to check every detail thoroughly before you receive motorbikes from the owner to avoid paying wrongfully. The best way is to get the owner’s telephone number and get him to pick up the motorbike without giving it back directly.
You will feel better when choosing some types of motorbikes like Wave RS because of its popularity and user-friendliness. After renting motorbikes, you should search for where the nearest gas station is because gas stations in Sapa usually open after 7 a.m. and are away from each other.
Besides, you can rent bicycles to explore mountain villages, which is both inexpensive and interesting.
Where to rent a motorbike in Sapa?
There are many options for motorbike rental in Sapa, but not all are cheap and prestigious. Below are some best places to rent motorbikes in Sapa.
- Ms. Ly: Motorbikes available for rental to SaPa, Y Ty, Bac Ha, Lai Chau … Motorbikes are delivered in Lao Cai, but you will have to pay another fee equal to the bus fare from Lao Cai to Sapa. Contact: 0915 190874.
- Lao Cai Tourism Information Center – No. 02 Fansipan, Sapa District, Lao Cai province. Tel: 020 3871975. Contact: 043 994 2811 or +84 935 999 886.
- Mr. Tuan: Tel: 0983 644588.
- Mr. Trang: Tel: 0935 999886.
- Hoang Ha Hotel for rental (Sapa): Address: No. 08B, Thac Bac Street, Sapa Town, Sapa District, Lao Cai Province. Tel: 0203 872 535; Hotline: 0918 324 535; Fax: 0203 873 466.
- Thanh Dat Hotel – Address: Thach Sơn Street – Ham Rong Street – Sapa Town: Tel: 01234346668. Call: 0973865292.
- Mr. Nghia – Contact: 0973865292. Or rent motorbikes at address: 21 Thach Son. Sapa District, Lao Cai province. Tel: 0983 644588.